Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel flow problems 50hp-2005 yr. model

Hi,
    I work onboard a yacht and we have a new 50hp fuel injected that is having a problem as if it is not getting fuel after opening the throttle. It is okay at idle.
    This is a relatively new engine bought in Sept. 2004 and not really used that much since being bought. The last active use was down in Mexico in March of 2005.
    So far I have changed the main fuel/water seperator filter on the tank. Reversed flushed the incoming fuel filter before the fuel pump as well as the one after the pump. Opened the fuel pump to check the diaphram which was okay.
    All the fuses are ok.

Does anyone know if this model has a history for having this problem and a solution to it?
    I do not have the service manual yet for this model engine yet, (it is on the way.)
    The Model Number or eng. family number is:
    5YMXM.9962GB
    S/N: T50TLRD

Until I get the manual for this engine I'm just working blind on what as I haven't worked on an outboard in years!
    Thanks for any help.

Very interesting... I have a 175hp HPFI that is exhibiting classic fuel starvation symptoms like your... I have done the same as you, purge, filter, clean/replace. My problem differs only that it occurs at 4-5,000 rpm and is a hard shutoff.. OK at lower rpms. I almost suspect bad valve in bulb..

Comment

Working...
    X